Understanding how to choose the right digital agency could be the first step to a successful online marketing strategy. Whether it’s a new website, a Facebook app, or improving your SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION tactics, who you work with is equally as important as the project itself. Coming from put together a list of tips to help you choose the right electronic agency for your business.
1 . In-house team: The more work an agency really does in-house, the more control it (and ultimately its clients) will have more than a project. Once agencies start to outsource their work, communication can impede or slow down progress, not to mention the problems that could occur if you ever wanted to alter anything. Also, in-house agencies tend to offer better services because their particular teams are more aware of the overall project, rather than separate parts of it.
2 . Relevant portfolio: Not only should a company have a strong sample of work from a variety of clients, but the work also needs to be relevant to your project. Looking at portfolios is a great way to see how company skills match up to your needs. So , for example , if you want to develop a Facebook application, make sure the agency you choose has experience making them.
3. Additional services: An electronic agency’s role shouldn’t stop when the project is delivered, so be sure you get the most out of your relationship. Good organizations will often offer training on how to keep your new venture, follow up with technical support, and supply some sort of warranty on their project’s program code.
4. A reliable contact: Because internet marketing can be complicated and long-lasting, select an agency that assigns you a constant project manager. This will ensure that you know exactly who to contact and that at least one person knows what is going on with your account at all times. Many agencies will send upper-level supervisors to give the pitch and eventually hand the project to a junior; ask in advance who you will be working with and when you are able to meet them.
5. The best technologies: In order to maintain a competitive advantage and adhere to security standards, choose a digital agency that can offer you the best technology available. There are many solutions to the same project so ask your company what technology they plan to use and why they have chosen this over others. If they can’t give you a good answer, find an agency that can.
6. Creativity: The digital business relies heavily on creativity as well as your online marketing needs to compete on that will level. Make sure the agency you choose has a creative flair to its function, whether that involves beautiful design, fascinating concepts, or the unique use of technology.
7. A strong track record: In addition to well-developed projects, check on the results a digital company gets. This includes facts and statistics of their previous work, as well as if they have long-term clients. This will offer you a better idea of what you can expect when working with them.
8. Understand company briefs: An agency needs to be able to understand your needs in order to deliver the best service. So although its great if a company can produce amazing work, it won’t help at all if the final outcome is different from what you actually wanted. Look into the agency’s previous work and ask just how it fit with their clients’ briefs.
9. Follow the industry’s best practices: There are a lot of companies offering cheap online marketing, unfortunately many of those agencies end up using “black hat” techniques to improve their results (especially in regards to SEO tactics). While this may work for a short time, your project may eventually be penalised by the likes associated with Google, Yahoo and Facebook, who are constantly weeding out online marketing that doesn’t comply with their best practices policies. Make sure the company you use doesn’t put your project at risk by taking shortcuts.
10. Partnership: At the end of the day, this is your digital project therefore find an agency that strives to maintain you in the loop throughout. The company should welcome your input and constantly take in your feedback while guiding you on how these concepts can best be translated online. Agencies that treat clients like partners offer a smoother experience throughout the development process and a final project that better meets client’s anticipations.